What are the best Driving Jobs this Year?
There are more than 20 different jobs that classify as driving jobs. From truck driver, taxi driver, bus driver to courier and much more. Every one of these driving jobs requires a different type of qualifications. Some of them don’t require high qualifications and training and for other driving jobs you need special training and certifications. What’s out there for people that are looking for a job as a driver? What are the best driving jobs?
Uber Driving Job
Thousands of people worldwide earn money behind the wheel. The Uber driving job is relatively new, started expanding in 2012. Use the Uber app to find people that need a ride. Highly flexible job because you can schedule your own work time, use your own car for driving and you get paid instantly.
The requirements for Uber driving are:
- You need to be at least 21 years old
- You must have at least 3 years of driving experience
- No history of criminal or reckless driving
- Must pass a background check
- Must pass the Uber car inspection
- Car model not older than the year 2001
- Your car must be registered
- You must have insurance on your name
Learn about every aspect of Uber driving before you decide if this job is the right for you. The best aspects of this job: flexible work hours, you can choose how much and when you want to work, no one is bossing you around, you can meet new people and visit different places; you get 80% of the work payment.
Commercial Truck Driving Job
Commercial truck drivers are professional drivers that operate with larger vehicles as tractor trailers. Their job is to drive and transport a cargo of any type on a different type of distances. There are few types of commercial truck drivers, from drivers that make local deliveries to drivers that transport cargo on long distances.
The requirements for a commercial truck driver:
- You must own a high school diploma
- You must have commercial driver license for driving vehicles over 26,000 pounds of gross
- Drivers must own a commercial driving license in your own state
- You must pass the TSA threat assessment and a knowledge test
- You must pass the training program and take the CDL test
- For in state driving, you must be at least 18 years old
- For interstate driving, you must be at least 21 years old
- You must pass the driving and medical examinations
Except driving they have other job duties, as loading and unloading the transported cargo, keeping log books of their activities on the job, taking care of the truck equipment, planning routes and making schedules.
School Bus Driving Job
There are few types of bus driving jobs. From regular bus driver transporting people day and night to school bus driver transporting kids from home to school or driving them on school trips.
The work duties are: transporting kids from their homes to the school, after school hours dropping them off at their homes, making sure that all the kids in the bus are seated safe, driving carefully and obeying the road signs, taking care of the bus and report any issues with the vehicle.
The requirements for a school bus driving job:
- You need to own a high school diploma
- Drivers must have a state driving license
- You must be at least 18 years older
- Few years of driving experience
- You must watch the speed constantly and obey road signs
- First aid and CPR training is a must
- You must pass written and practical driving test
The school bus driver spends most of the work time with kids. You need to love working with kids around, have a lot of patience with them and to drive carefully making sure the kids are always safe.
Driving jobs are now becoming very popular and profitable these days. There are so many different types of driving jobs one can choose from. For different jobs there are different qualifications and benefits attached.